ed pills uk

Too Pregnant to Blog

I think I’m too pregnant to blog.

I’ve hit a wall with this situation. I’m uncomfortable and restless and too anticipatory to form any kind of coherent thoughts. Forgive me if there’s little happening here in the next week or so.

Follow along on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook for baby news! xo

• Ruth white
    Posted June 4, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Dear Claire,
    I just finished reading your book on the recommendation of my analyst. I am still crying silently thinking about your story. My mother died of breast cancer when I was 9 and when I was 15 my father died from a heart condition. I compare the similarities and differences between our stories–you an only child and me having a brother 11months younger than I am. You and I both became close to our dads after our mothers had died and both of us felt the fear of imminent death of our aging,progressively weakened and ill dads. Yet there were also significant differences,not the least of which was the age that we were when our moms died. I can totally relate to your feeling of numbness and doing everything possible to avoid those overwhelming feelings. Like you I chose well in marrying a nurturing man and like you I have found redemption in creating my own family. In fact I became a grandma a couple of months ago. I have 3 boys and a daughter and the relationship with a daughter somehow brings back the mother daughter relationship that was severed. It becomes murky in that it’s not always clear who is in the mothering role and who is the child.

Thanks for writing your book which is helping me to get in touch with my deeply buried feelings of grief.

Ruth

• Chris
    Posted June 4, 2012 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

Good luck!! Hope it happens soon!!

• Posted June 4, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

You get a long reprieve, Claire — no worries.

And what a beautiful comment from Ruth. Just today I got a very similar letter from one of the young women for whom I had you sign a copy of the book. It meant so much to her. I will send you a copy of her note, because I know you must feel nurtured by the manner in which people respond to your writing.

All love to you and Greg and Vera during your remaining waiting days. My vote is that the baby comes when it’s convenient for you to have someone at home with V!!!

XXOO

• Posted June 5, 2012 at 4:16 am | Permalink

Leave granted. I grudging admit more important things afoot than blogging. Float lightly in a sea of well wishes until the main event and then get back to us ASAP.

• Posted June 5, 2012 at 6:26 am | Permalink

Dearest Claire – I add my leave pass to those above :-) You have so many good thoughts with you from around the globe in these days to come. We’ll all still be here when you return; when we can say, “And then there were four…” x

• Posted June 7, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Here’s to a gentle labor and a beautiful new baby! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you’re on the other side.