ed pills uk

Capturing the Present

Yesterday I chased Vera around the back yard, taking pictures of her. Sometimes this feeling wells up in me and I am suddenly desperate to capture how beautiful she is in this moment. Her looks are ever-shifting these days and I know that each day will differ from the last.

She laughed and ran all around the property and I clicked and clicked away. It was 75 degrees and she was overdue for a nap, but it was a moment I was reluctant to relinquish.

Later when I sat looking at these photos, I was struck by how silly it is that I am so afraid of this new baby. Just looking at V’s eyes in these pictures, leaves me with no doubt that I’ll love and obsess over the next one just as much.

Yes, life is infinitely harder these days. Vera was up twice in the night, eventually ending up in bed with us, where we all slept in a tangled, restless mess until we shoved the covers off at the last minute in order to begin our frantic day. All the same, it’s so easy to love her.

So I’m grateful for the brief moments in which my anxiety abates, in which I know, however briefly, that I can do this again.

• Posted January 26, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

I remember wondering if I could ever love my second as well and as fiercely as my first – and it turned out that what everyone said was true, that the capacity to love like that is ever-expanding. I have no doubt that you will be not only smitten by this new little one, but even more overjoyed at the way their relationship will unfold. Seeing and feeling my childrens’ love for one another is the best feeling I can imagine.

• Posted January 26, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

BTW she is just more and more gorgeous. Those eyes! I had to look through the pictures again just to see them.

• Helene
    Posted January 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

I was too young of a parent to think of that but when I had my first grandchild I thought nothing ever gets better than this. In some ways I think I didn’t even want a second one. Well then the second one came along and I thought wow. It didn’t “get better” it multiplied in a way I can’t put into words. He is the little guy I am raising (and like you in some ways I can’t imagine him without me since his mom walked out and dad died) and then the third came along.

Gorgeous pictures :-)

• Posted January 28, 2012 at 7:38 am | Permalink

Oh, thank you Helene. I can only imagine the fierce love you have for your little ones.

• Posted January 28, 2012 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Oh, this is good to hear Lisa. I’m really getting more and more excited to meet whoever is in my tummy!

• Posted January 28, 2012 at 9:16 am | Permalink

She is so beautiful. I remember bring so sad to give up what I had with my first daughter. However once my second came all fears were gone. While things were different, they were still beautiful, now times two.

• Anne Brown
    Posted January 31, 2012 at 5:25 am | Permalink

Claire, that last photo is just gorgeous!

• Posted January 31, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Aw, thanks Anne!

• Posted January 31, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Thank you, Vanessa! I’m hopeful that these fears will dissipate when the baby is actually here!