Saying Farewell to Chicago

Yesterday I turned 33 and our Chicago friends threw us the most fantastic party. They asked to hold it here at our house, on our deck, for one last night at the Boose household, but they provided everything (tacos from Big Star! margaritas! cake!) and made sure we had nothing to do but enjoy ourselves.

It was magical.

DSC_1003

Please excuse sporadic posting over the next week. We are moving in 8 days!! I'm launching my new website on June 1 and will have so much to write about as my big, new adventure begins to unfold. Stay tuned!

• Posted May 22, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday! I hope your move goes well. Looking forward to seeing the changes and hearing more as you get settled!

• Chris
    Posted May 23, 2011 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Happy Birthday!!

• Posted May 23, 2011 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Thanks!!

• Posted May 23, 2011 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Thanks!! Its definitely going to be an adventure.

• Carroll
    Posted May 23, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Claire, I can’t believe I failed to wish you a happy celebration yesterday! Major shame on me!!! :-(
    Clearly though, you were being well celebrated, and undoubtedly feeling very well-loved.
    Best of luck with all the last-minute moving chaos.
    Consider yourself belatedly birthday hugged, and, in case you actually don’t check in here again (I know, fat chance!) safe travels to you and your sweet family!!
    Am eagerly looking forward to the forthcoming accounts of your “Life (Back) in LA”.

• Posted May 23, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday and happy moving! I’m a native midwesterner who has spent the past 7 post-college years in Los Angeles (and the OC for grad school). I hope I’m not prying, but how does Greg feel about the move? Has he spent much time in California? I love LA, but it is a big change from Chicago in terms of lifestyle. I’m strongly considering moving back to the Midwest, because it is home, and life is just easier there– less traffic, less keeping-up-with-the-Jones, etc. But brutal winters, of course. ;)

• Keiko Izumi
    Posted May 24, 2011 at 2:00 am | Permalink

belated happy birthday!! AND.. I feel so sad that you are leaving Chicago.. but it is exciting and I can’t wait for your new blog launch on June 1. Keiko

• Posted May 24, 2011 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Thank you so much!!

• Posted May 24, 2011 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Greg is actually more excited than I am sometimes! He has lived his whole life in the midwest and although he knows its going to be a big change, hes ready for it!

• Posted May 24, 2011 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Aw, thanks for the well wishes, Carroll! Cant wait to be back on your side of the country soon! Were *that* much closer to meeting!

• Posted May 24, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

Good to hear! I hope I didn’t sound like a debbie downer. I was a midwest-lifer too, so I completely understand the need for something new. As long as he has a sense of adventure about it, I’m sure it will be a great change of pace. ;)

• Posted May 27, 2011 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Oh, you didnt come across that way at all! Thanks for the encouragement!