ed pills uk

There Is No Better Than Here

I really appreciated everyone's comments last week on finding balance, and whether or not it's important or possible, or even the point. Kind of along those lines I came across these ten rules for life the other day, and thought I would share them here. I especially like #6, and think that's one I probably need to read out loud to myself every day.

1. You will receive a body.You may love it or hate it, but it will be yours for the duration of your time on Earth.

2. You will learn lessons.…You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called “life.” Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or hate them, but you have designed them as part of your curriculum.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error: experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”

4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.

5. Learning does not end.There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.

6. “THERE” is no better than “HERE.”When your “there” has become a “here,” you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”

7. Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself. Each reflection is an opportunity for growth.

8. What you make of your life is up to you.You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.

9. Your answers lie inside of you.The answers to Life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

10. You will forget all of this at birth!You can remember it whenever you want.

Dr. Cherie Carter-Scott.‎

• Joanne
    Posted February 16, 2011 at 8:44 am | Permalink

Thanks for posting these Claire. I really needed to read this today.

• Lindsay
    Posted February 16, 2011 at 9:10 am | Permalink

Ooh, I really like number 7. That’s definitely something I need to keep in mind.

• Lyssa
    Posted February 16, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

I like number 7. It reminds me of something one of my grad professors told us… We hate in others what we hate in ourselves. I think that’s definately true. When I find myself judging someone else, it’s always on an issue I hate especially in myself. Being aware of that helps me to be less judgmental about others, which is always a good thing.

• Wendy
    Posted February 16, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

Thanks for sharing Claire. I am struggling with some “lessons” I am learning right now. I really needed to read this today!

• Posted February 16, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

Wonderful! Number 6 & 7 are particularly interesting, I think.
    I’ll have to save these somewhere I can read them often.

• Posted February 16, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Youre welcome!

• Posted February 16, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Me too! Its a good one for everyone!

• Posted February 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

I learned that in grad school too! Its just too bad that Im not better at applying it. I need to work a little harder to do so.

• Posted February 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Oh good! I needed to read it too, the day I found it. Hope your lessons turn out to be good ones!

• Posted February 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Agreed, me too!

• Posted February 17, 2011 at 9:07 am | Permalink

this list is a little too “self-help bookshelf new-agey” for me. what i mean by that is that it is designed for, i believe, priviledged white people who are searching for meaning in an otherwise comfortable but slightly unfulfilling life. this is not you, claire!
    i don’t think the universe gives a crap whether we learn “lessons” or not, and who determines what these lessons are anyway? i think it is all just experience, and WE are the ones who decide if it has any meaning or not. if you want to “grow” from the experience, then that is your decision, but the teacher in the sky did not assign this to you. BUT…i do like #6 as well, and agree with it. like they say, “when you have one foot in the past and another in the future, you are sh**ing all over the present”!
    my second favorite is #1…:-)

• Posted February 17, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Tony! You just ripped my list a new one! Hahaha…thank you for keeping me in check. I still think theres some good stuff in here though. I love your input though. xx

• Posted February 17, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

well, i think there is good stuff in there too, but i am suspicious of anything labeled “rules”. for instance, many comments are about #7. but honestly, there are times when someone is just an asshole, and it has NOTHING to do with being a “mirror” of something i don’t like in myself. you know what i mean? sometimes a spade is just a spade.

• Posted February 18, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

I just love this. Perfect timing, and I want to blow it up poster size and tape it next to my mirror. Tony – I love your comments too. You’re right about the assholes I think. :) Thank you for sharing Claire!

• Posted February 19, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Okay, again youre right. That is true. Its still a good rule though too.

• Posted February 19, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Glad you liked it Erika!

• Posted December 24, 2011 at 1:09 am | Permalink

Claire, I stumbled upon this through a link to your ‘underside of parenting’ post which I thought was great, but this series about your good enough project has just resonated so much with me. I read through them all as soon as I found them (with a baby in a carrier sleeping on me) and they’ve not been out of my head since. You have so exactly captured something that has been troubling me, and expressed it beautifully. Thank you!

• Posted December 24, 2011 at 6:21 am | Permalink

Helen, so glad this resonates! It’s something I still struggle with, but I do have to say that taking it on in this way really did help me move forward from a pretty sluggish place.