MetaBaby

I wandered down the baby doll aisle at Target yesterday with Vera, curious to see if she would be interested. Turns out "interested" was a vast understatement. After she picked out the below-featured doll, she wouldn't even let me put it on the conveyor belt in the checkout line. This video was taken about 20 minutes after we got home.

• Posted September 24, 2010 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Oh man, I have to get Ezra his own baby, or there are going to be some epic battles at your house… He’s going to LOVE that thing. Adorable.

• Rita
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 11:38 am | Permalink

That is just so sweet seeing her with the baby doll and hugging and kissing it!

• Anne
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

Adorable!

• Posted September 24, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Love it!

• Posted September 24, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Ummm…absosulely priceless. I love how when you tell her to get in the chair she plops into it with so much vigor! Love her!

• Posted September 25, 2010 at 10:23 am | Permalink

I love her too! Wait til little Nora is playing with dolls! Eeee!

• Posted September 25, 2010 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Does RJ play with dolls too?

• Posted September 25, 2010 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Gotta get one for Ben!

• Posted September 25, 2010 at 10:27 am | Permalink

It actually all started with the doll you got her for Christmas — that was technically her first one!

• Posted September 25, 2010 at 10:28 am | Permalink

Yes, definitely get one over there or there are going to be some serious brawls!

• SallyA
    Posted September 26, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

How old is this adorable girl? I have a grandgirl about to turn one and I think she’s too young for a doll (she still gives all toys the taste test before playing with them — everything goes in her mouth!). Have been thinking about an American Girl doll for the 4th birthday of the other grandgirl. I just have no conception of what’s old enough or too old for these kids (we don’t live near them, sadly, so I can’t gauge it for myself). Thanks.

• Posted September 26, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Veronica is almost 16 months old. Its definitely hard to tell whats best for what age, and I think all kids are just different. I wasnt sure shed be into a doll until she picked it out herself!

• abby
    Posted September 26, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

okay that was RIDICULOUSLY cute and made me sooooo excited to be having a girl!

• Posted September 27, 2010 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Youre going to love it! And I cant wait to meet her!!

• Posted September 27, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

That was kind of unbelievable — V is awesome!!

• Posted September 27, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

You should come visit her again!