Weekly Wednesday Photo (Birthday Edition)

Veronica, ONE YEAR

Technically her birthday is tomorrow, but she was born on a Wednesday 52 weeks ago. And it's a good thing the weekly photo has come to an end. It's nearly impossible to get her to sit for them these days. She's got things to do! She's a busy girl. No time to sit around on an ottoman with a monkey.

I just ordered the weekly photo book and think it's going to be amazing. I just wish I could post it here somehow. I might have to take a video of me leafing through it or something just so you can all see it.

I'm so glad I did this project. It's incredible to have this documentation of Veronica's weekly changes and growth. From now on I plan to take a photo of Veronica with her monkey once a month, and I plan to continue posting a weekly photo every Wednesday. It just won't necessarily be of her with the monkey.

Next week I plan to post a montage of my favorite weekly photos from the last year, so stay tuned.

Anyway, enjoy the birthday batch!

To view all the weekly
photos click
here

DSC_2735

DSC_2738

DSC_2754

DSC_2763

DSC_2775

DSC_2751

• Antonia
    Posted June 9, 2010 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Can’t believe it’s been a year! What a cutie, love those big blue eyes!!

• Aeshna
    Posted June 9, 2010 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Haaaappy birthday to Miss Veronica!

• Posted June 9, 2010 at 10:08 am | Permalink

WOW! Time has a way of escaping you, huh?
    I just noticed how much hair she suddenly has. And it looks blond! Absolutely adorable.

• Bill
    Posted June 9, 2010 at 10:21 am | Permalink

Cute………………What a good companion “Petie” the Monkey is! He goes along with anything Veronica wishes to do.

• Lori
    Posted June 9, 2010 at 10:22 am | Permalink

One year old! A great big Happy Birthday wish to Veronica! It’s been so much fun to see the weekly pictures. She’s adorable and always dressed so cute! Year #2 is going to be just as much fun and full of very special and exciting moments. You’re an amazing Mom, Claire!

• Rita
    Posted June 9, 2010 at 11:12 am | Permalink

How adorable she looks in her dress! Love how she likes to stare at Monkey with his hat on but would not allow hat on her own head. Happy “1” Birthday little sweetheart!! Love from your Grandma

• Posted June 9, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Wow, if Veronica is turning one tomorrow, that means it’s only TEN DAYS until Ezra turns one. Oh. My. Goodness.
    Also: that dress is making me swoon I love it so much.

• Katie
    Posted June 9, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday! How fun. Aidan turns one on Friday and I just can’t believe it. I feel like I am going to blink my eye and he will be a teenager! Yikes. Scary thought. Enjoy the birthday weekend :)

• Posted June 9, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday Veronica! Thank you again for sharing these photos here. Hope the birthday celebrations are lots of fun :)

• Susan Steyl
    Posted June 9, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday Claire and Greg!!!! The parents really earn that first year also.
    Veronica is adorable, and her sweet energy is captured so beautifully in your series. Thanks for sharing with us. Hope to see Veronica with you in August???

• Wendy
    Posted June 10, 2010 at 10:22 am | Permalink

I love the third pic with her hand over her face, what personality! Happy birthday to all of you…year one is hard. It just gets better and more amazing from here on out!

• Posted June 16, 2010 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Happy (belated) birthday, sweet baby! We were away last week, and the very first thing I did when the computer was back on was check for these photos!
    Love to you all from Cupertino :-)

• Posted June 16, 2010 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Was wondering where you were! :)

• Posted June 17, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Not like me to miss a birthday party, that’s for sure! My beloved husband (of 42 years this very week :-) and I snuck away for a quick celebratory road trip down to So Cal (which, OK fine, actually does have its merits ;-) via an overnight in Santa Barbara, followed by three days at a fabulous Bed and Breakfast on Catalina (never been before and we had a great time thanks to meeting quite a few of the locals instead of hanging with just the tourists) and then up to Big Bear for some long-overdue hugs with our elder son. And why am I completely comfortable revealing all this in the comments on your blog but not on my very own Facebook page? It’s a mystery!

• Posted June 18, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Haha…youre too funny Carroll. My blog is probably a lot LESS private than Facebook!