Tuesday Morning

It's Tuesday morning and I'm writing this standing in the kitchen and monitoring Veronica as she empties a cabinet full of ladles and cupcake supplies. It's raining outside and the sky is dark.

It's one of those mornings when I kind of hate this blog. There are just some days when I don't have anything to say, yet I feel like I should write. This is one of those days.

Sometimes this blog serves as amazing outlet, as a place for me to really exorcise stuff that is bubbling up within me. Other days I'd rather not even think about it, just go about my day.

It's thundering now and Veronica has moved over to the bathroom door — one of her new favorite activities involves opening and closing the this door. She finds it entertaining for at least 15 minutes before moving on to play with the toilet flushing handle.

Last night she slept through the night for the first time. 10 hours straight without a peep. I slept for about 8 of those 10 hours and it was blissful. I haven't slept like that since before she was born.

Today is our day off together and I haven't decided yet what we'll do with our warm and rainy Tuesday. I imagine we'll open and close some doors, watch the lightening flash through the house, empty some drawers, eat some Cheerios, take naps against the rolling thunder and try to be present to just how great little things like these are.

Spring tree as seen through our rainy living room screen:

• Angela Copeland
    Posted April 6, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Cool photo.

• Posted April 6, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

Claire, you say “nothing” better than any of us. I love imagining Bug inside your closet playing with your cupcake ingredients. You are the only one I know who has a section for cupcakes and an incredible cupcake stand. Don’t you think your blog needs one of your detectable cupcake recipes soon?

• Posted April 6, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Ha..youre sweet. Maybe you and I can make some cupcakes when youre here and Ill post a recipe from that.

• Posted April 6, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

I got a new app for my iPhone that takes photos like that. Pretty neat, huh?

• Courtney
    Posted April 7, 2010 at 2:30 am | Permalink

Maybe the reason behind your lack of things to write about from time to time – or the fact that the writing isn’t flowing from every inch of your mental being anymore is due to the fact that you no longer use this blog the way you used some of your earlier posts and Life in LA. Those early posts from Chicago and especially in Life in LA seemed to act as your coping mechanism, a way to put your (sometimes) jumbled thoughts and feelings onto paper so that you might make some sense of them and as you have said before leave a mark on the world because you don’t want to disappear…but now you have your husband, your baby… You have figured everything out and no matter what happens you have imprinted their lives and many others and you aren’t going anywhere. And you must be really proud of that.

• Posted April 7, 2010 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Wow, thanks for such a nice comment Courtney. Im not sure that I have everything figured out but I think youre right in that I dont a sounding board as much as I used to in those early posts.