Life Wish List

This week has been crazy. With Greg starting his new job, me perpetually trying to catch up at mine, and a slew of other obligations, I'm just feeling stretched thin and my poor blog has definitely taken a hit for it. In fact, my whole life has taken a hit.

Things I wish I could do (not necessarily in this order):

• Read up on the stack of grief books I recently ordered.
  • More Yoga
  • More gym
  • SLEEP
  • Meditate
  • Visit the Buddhist temple in Ravenswood
  • Get a haircut
  • Catch up on blogs
  • Catch up on the news
  • Go to the movies
  • Make babyfood
  • Declutter the house
  • Mail off for V's passport (I did get her photo taken, at the very least)
  • Send thank you notes for a few recent things
  • Catch up with friends on the phone
  • Finish getting my professional counseling license
  • Find the perfect private practice to join
  • Work on writing projects
  • Freelance follow up stuff
  • BlackBook work
  • Lose 10 pounds
  • Pay off my student loans in one fell swoop
  • Pay off my credit cards in one fell swoop
  • Find an agent for the book proposal I finished last month
  • Start a proposal for another book
  • Work on the novel
  • Work on the screenplay
  • Get a new lens for my camera and learn how to take better photos
  • Redesign my website
  • Redesign my blog
  • Write up a few great posts
  • Work on some food blog posts
  • Travel to India
  • Travel to Rome
  • Travel to Seattle, Portland, SF, LA
  • Travel to New York and Cape Cod
  • Make a lot of money
  • Move back to Los Angeles

I guess that's about it. The only thing I don't feel like I need to add to this list is being a better mom. This list exists BECAUSE I am a good mom and because being a good mom requires letting all of the above fall to the side. Sigh. Smile. Shoulders back. Onward.

• tony d
    Posted March 26, 2010 at 10:51 am | Permalink

you forgot “save the world”. underachiever!

• Posted March 26, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Nothing else matters for now. You’ll never get this precious time with your daughter back. She’s only little once. Everything else can wait just a bit.

• Posted March 26, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

I am so glad that you had the perspective and wisdom to not put “be a good mom” on the list. What does it mean to BlackBook work?

• Posted March 27, 2010 at 8:19 am | Permalink

Oh yeah, I should add that one. 🙂

• Posted March 27, 2010 at 8:20 am | Permalink

Youre very right. Good words. Thanks, Jenny.

• Posted March 27, 2010 at 8:20 am | Permalink

Thanks! And Greg and I are the Chicago editors for BlackBook magazines guide to restaurants, hotels and bars. We constantly have listings to update.

• Posted March 27, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

It is always to more than beneficial to read your posts. They reminds me of “life” that I have forgotten about. There are several things in your list that I would like to put them in mine.

• Posted March 29, 2010 at 7:48 am | Permalink

Aw, thats nice to hear. So, what were our similar list items?

• Posted March 30, 2010 at 7:57 am | Permalink

🙂 They are the followings: More Yoga, More gym, SLEEP, Meditate, Go to the movies, Catch up with friends on the phone, Work on writing projects (actually my research grant), Lose 10 pounds, Get a new lens for my camera (for me, to get a better camera) and learn how to take better photos, Make a lot of money, Travel to Rome (also to Milan and South Pole)… Quite a lot of overlaps! Actually besides them I would like to design my webpage… I will do it someday 🙂
    If you come to Europe while I am here, I would love to meet you in person!
    Have a nice day, Claire!

• Posted March 30, 2010 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Id love to meet you too, Sarah! I like that we share a lot of the same list. Were probably not alone.

• Posted March 30, 2010 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Yeah, it is definitely a nice feeling not to be alone! And if I had a talent for writing, probably we would have even more common items to share.