ed pills uk

Coming Home

I don’t even know where to begin.

It’s Tuesday morning and I’m sitting in the living room in my nightie still, drinking coffee and trying to sift through all the things there are to catch up on. There are opened Crate & Barrel boxes strewn around the house, the dining room table is piled high with gifts and cards and mementos like cake cutting knives and engraved champagne glasses. The plants need to be watered, I have to go to the bank, we’re out of milk and I don’t even want to think about all that there is to catch up on at work today.

Claire_and_gregs_wedding_july_2008_
I’m a married woman now. I’m Greg Boose’s wife. He’s my husband. (And yes, he’s wearing shorts in this picture. I was the only one who stayed in my wedding garb after everyone changed to deal with the heat.)

There is so much I want to write about, so much I want to capture and remember and sift through from this past weekend. It will take time though, I think. I understand the purpose of a honeymoon and wish we were on one right now. Our night spent on Martha’s Vineyard together, after the reception, was a welcome respite but not long enough. I can’t believe I have to go to work today or begin following up on restaurant reviews for the guidebook we’re working on or go to Trader Joes or listen to a hundred voicemails at my hospice job.

(Click on photos to enlarge.)

But that said, I couldn’t be more grateful or thrilled by how we decided to do this. The wedding was actually perfect. I don’t think there was one thing I would changed and it was ten times better than I ever hoped it could be.

More soon. I just need to catch up a little. Thank you so much to everyone who has sent messages and gifts andClaire_and_gregs_wedding_july_200_2
let us know how loved and thought of we are. We couldn’t be more grateful or feel any more special than we do right now.

• Wendy
    Posted July 22, 2008 at 8:30 am | Permalink

You both look so incredibly happy in the pictures. Best wishes to the both of you as you continue your life together as husband and wife.

• Posted July 22, 2008 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Ahh…my favorite picture of you both dancing. Pure joy that inspires the rest of us to know love when we can smile that brightly at our beloved.

• Dina
    Posted July 22, 2008 at 10:37 am | Permalink

You look beautiful as husband and wife. Congratulations Claire.

• sarah
    Posted July 22, 2008 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

Your dress is beautiful! I think the two of you dancing is somewhat humorous with him in his casual wear and you in your dress. Very fun!

• Christine K.
    Posted July 22, 2008 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

I would’ve invited the dress to the party too Claire… it and you are gorgeous!
    Wearing sandals at the reception… that would’ve gone over big with my husband. I still feel bad about the unfortunate black shoes we ordered with his tux. I didn’t imagine they would be plastic!

• Posted July 23, 2008 at 12:46 am | Permalink

Congrats on your union! I remember meeting you in Venice Beach years ago. Eric and I read your blogs here and there so I feel like I know you. Here is a celtic blessing for your celebration.
    May you have
    Walls for the wind
    And a roof for the rain,
    And drinks bedside the fire
    Laughter to cheer you
    And those you love near you,
    And all that your heart may desire
    Eric and I wish you a lifetime of happiness.